VIDEO SUBMISSION - APE 2021
Once you have completed your video -
Please name your video file with the performer's name, event number, performance piece and composer surname
Upload your video onto You Tube.
Here is a useful link to help you learn to upload a video to You Tube. There are variables in this that you dont need so just use it as a guide for the basic steps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4dEpT0rYg
How to upload a video to YouTube using a web browser
1. Navigate to YouTube in a web browser.
2. Make sure you are logged in. If you don't see your account avatar in the upper right corner, click "Sign In" and enter your Google account information.
3. Click the Create a video button at the top of the screen. It looks like a video camera. In the drop-down menu, click "Upload video."
4. The video upload page should appear. Under "Select files to upload," click and choose what level of visibility you want for the video — for your APE video please choose "PUBLIC" OR “UNLISTED” - everyone can see a public video, but you can also make it unlisted which is still publicly available, but only to people with a direct link. These links will be sent to the adjudicator.
5. Click the large arrow to choose the video file, or you can simply drag the video file onto the page.
6. While the video uploads, you can enter information like the name and description of the video.
7. Click "Publish" to complete the process. You can publish the video while it's still uploading, or wait till the upload is complete. Either way, the video won't appear online unless you click "Publish."
Once the video is uploaded, it will take a few minutes to process. The time it takes to process will depend on how long the video is.
How to upload a video to YouTube using the mobile app
2. Tap the video upload button at the top of the screen. It looks like a video camera. If this is your first time using the upload feature, you might need to give the app permission to access your camera and photo library.
3. On the next screen, tap the video you want to upload (you can also record a new video or "Go Live," meaning that you'll start livestreaming from your phone camera).
4. Tap "Next."
5. Enter information like the name of the video, choose a privacy level, and tap "Upload."